9five’s biggest and best collection to date is dropping this Spring. Amongst the additions, look for this official 9five x Sapporo collaboration shade (Limited to 200 pieces), hitting authorized 9five retailers on April 15th.
Also, here’s a look at an unnamed Annunaki messenger forecasting our impending doom in 2012.
Directed, shot and edited by Mike Metcalf.
Assistant Producer Jay Cabauatan
Check out Cris’ introduction video for his Rotund Mk2
Nothing can prevent your picture from coming into concrete form except the same power which gave it birth – yourself.” – Genevieve Behrend
Who/or what inspires you?
- What inspires me is my mother and father, Watching them work hard to provide for us when we were kids and still working hard till this day. I cant see anyone in a greater way other than my mother and father.
What’s your story? where are you from?
- I’m a person from lower/middle class who seen it all and been through it all, from being raised in Los Angeles, (Compton, 68th street) to residing now in Fontana Ca, I’ve came from almost making my life with another career and quickly vanished. Being dragged through the mud to loving life now, my life has been through more than being able to fit in this interview.
What brought you to photography and how did you get where you are now?
- A rough time in my life where i felt like everything and everyone around me had failed and gave up on me, so one day i picked up my casio 5mp digital camera and started taking photos to express what i felt… and being able to view things in a different way a few months later i decided to invest every penny i had and also with the help of my mother to purchase my first camera. after that i move to Las Vegas where i worked and photography was being just left to the side because i wasnt given any opportunities to show my ability even if i was new and didnt know anything about working a DSLR. So thanks to Vita and Irma my first 2 models who gave me a chance to take their photos and ran with it from there in late 08 early 09 i believe. To get where i am now is just dedication and a lot of hard work which includes sleepless nights and a lot of reading online and DIY projects; i am a self-taught photographer and at the moment even thought im doing what i love im no where were i want to be with it. 2yrs in im still new and have a lot to work on.
What was the hardest part in this field?
- The hardest thing i would say is getting that respect and chance to prove what you are capable of, a lot of people are always low balling you or making you feel like your nothing. So many people with Egos ! Other than that it really doesnt matter those are just things ive seen and experienced but no matter how great they feel they are or how little they try to make me feel, im not stopping what im doing for no one! Yesterday i didnt need them and today im continuing without them so tomorrow ill be great person.
What’s your main focus when it comes to a shoot?
-It’s to capture the clients or projects concept or ideas in a image… being able to fill up a blank screen with what they have envisioned in their mind.
What/who do you like to shoot the most?
- I love to travel and freelance; nothing more beautiful than capturing natures & humans creations… as well as i love to shoot portraiture, which involves me capturing the persons genuine personality in a photograph.
What’s the most important detail to you when it comes to a shoot?
-Make the subject which is the model feel comfortable like youve known them for years and make them smile, laugh feel amazing. Thats when you capture the most natural photographs, second to that always be prepared for the unthinkable be able to work around any situation.
Where do you see yourself in the future, 2 years from now?
-I see myself capturing amazing photographs with in time be a published photographer and growing my vision expanding the horizon.
What do you encourage?
-To continue whatever it is that you love, people will tell you, you wont become anything in life and what your doing is worth nothing. Your also going to fail; but thats what should push you to become greater! nothing is supposed to be done in a specific way, theirs no rules to being great at what you do it all comes from the heart and your dedication & passion for it. you are the soul creator of your journey in life you make it what it is, not others.
any last thoughts?
-Never stop, and live someone else’s dream… believe in yourself or no one else will.
Michael Morales Photography
Skullcandy and Brand Jordan collaborated on two very special edition collector packs this weekend and here’s one: The AJ Retro 3 Pack with matching Elephant Print sneakers and custom Skullcandy x Jordan Aviator headphone. This didn’t get any more limited as 23 lucky individuals picked up the extremely limited Skullcandy X Jordan Packs from Footaction in the Westfield Mall in Culver City, CA. Peep the vid below. You can probably get yours from Ebay for a 10x’s the price premium..HA!
Finally a new single off the upcoming “When Fish Ride Bicycles” which hits iTunes this Spring. Enjoy
Its about that time again to drop some free ish on the folks who keep us high on their radar. We’ve teamed up with our friends @ 9Five Eyewear to give you an opportunity to come up on a pair of Grey Tortoise Shell Butters.
The winner will be one of the premiere recipients of the frames. They feature a Grey Tortoise Shell plastic frame, Purple Gradient lens, 100% UV Protection, and slim arm design. Value $44.00.
*In the comment section(below) list – Your Name and favorite Streetwear brand.
*Follow us and 9Five Eyewear on Twitter – @A07ENT & @9Fivers
*Submissions begin Thursday February 24, 2011, 12a.m.
*Submissions end Friday March 4, 2011, 7p.m.
*Submit your best, ORIGINAL answer. Winner will be announced contacted via em@il so make sure you submit a valid working address.
*Winner will be announced Monday March 7, 2011
Each pair of sunglasses comes nicely packaged with a scratch resistant cloth tie bag to store your sunglasses in.
Dilated Peoples is in town with Spit Klub All Stars, Blaze, Mike Snow, E-Man, and Inzane this Saturday. DP’s held hip-hop forever so to miss our on this show @ 4th&B would be crazy. Tickets are still available and you can get yours here.
345 B St.
San Diego, CA 92101
Directed by Krondon
Strong Arm Steady’s Arms & Hammers (now available on iTunes) dropped yesterday. SD you know you gotta support Mitchy on this one. He’s keeping us alive in the game right now so let’s get some real #SDUnity going.
Presented by Carlton Hair, vitaminwater zero, and Discover SD, Project Ethos returns to FLUXX with an unreal lineup of Fashion, Music and Art. The show will feature works and pieces from 7 emerging designers featuring the debut of Fredrick’s of Hollywood Swimwear, Music from the red hot MANN (“Buzzin” feat 50 Cent) live in concert, and art installations from local Artists. The event is this friday and is expected to be crazy. More info here or just go ahead a get your tickets here.
Vibrant and vivacious, The Nixon 42-20 Rose Gold. Capturing everything that is right and right now, this modern vintage stunner features a 6-hand Japanese quartz with a second sub dial, chrono and date, along with a custom 200-meter stainless steel, hardened mineral crystal bezel with a countdown timer.